Lock for home automation, Level Bolt

I want to get rid of my housekey! On one door, I have an Aqara U100 smart lock that I love but my front door is more trouble because it has a big lock and door handle combination that will not fit most smart locks (like August or Aqara). (Pic below) But I see the Level Bolt Connect that looks like it fits inside the lock, completely! Coooool.

I hesitate to pull the trigger because I also need yet another hub (ugh, I already need to get an Aqara hub) and maybe a keypad, making it $300 and I thought I would see if there is some MPU wisdom and experience.

Actually… if you remove that door handle set you should find that the holes will work with a separate door handle and separate deadbolt. Hopes that improves your options!

Don’t you only need the Level Connect if you don’t have a Homekit Hub (HomePod or Apple TV) in the home. I did the same on my front door because I love a “clean” look with smart functionality. My only problem has been the poor quality of the handleset so i’m replacing it with a Baldwin but when I pull into my driveway Homekit alerts me about if I want to run the unlock door scene.

1 Like