Logi AI Prompt Builder

I use the Logi Options+ software with my MX Master 3.
Recently, the Logi AI Prompt Builder feature (Logi AI Prompt Builder: Build Prompts Faster and Easier) was introduced that allows you to reformulate, summarize, and create custom prompt recipes with ChatGPT without interrupting your workflow.
It still needs to improve but it is not bad.

1 Like

Stephen Hackett reported this recently. The AI service is installed without asking and with no native way to stop it.

Installing any form of AI software without prompting or asking permission is pretty bad practice TBH.

4 Likes

I found it somewhat bothersome that this feature was automatically installed via an update of the Logi Options+ app. Theat said, considering it’s the initial version, the feature appears to be well-implemented in my view.

I am really annoyed by this. I do not want their AI “stuff” on my computer. It isn’t eating up a ton of resources, but it does use some. I have a long standing policy of not installing Logitech software on Macs because it always more problems than it is worth. I do install it on Windows machines though, so I did some research on how to get rid of this.

A Reddit thread said the offline version of Options does not have the AI. I have not confirmed this yet.

Here is the Logitech support page for the offline version (PC and Mac):

2 Likes

Worth noting that the Magic Mouse doesn’t require any drivers and doesn’t install AI software without your consent :wink:

I should have read @ismh’s article first.

Here is the Reddit thread with how to turn it off in Windows:
https://www.reddit.com/r/logitech/comments/1c7x1am/why_is_this_logi_ai_running_i_didnt_ask_for_this/

1 Like

Yet :wink:

Our AI Overlords may decide differently in the future.

I guess it’s time to turn Little Snitch back on.

1 Like

I use an MX Master 3. I long ago deleted the Logi Options software.

The addition of Artificial Idiot functionality in a mouse driver confirms I made the correct decision.

I use several LLM tools on my Mac. So I’m not a luddite when it comes to this stuff. But this is getting ridiculous.

1 Like

It is getting silly. Some of the AI stuff is cool, but every company is jumping in on it. This product shows how stupid it is getting:

2 Likes

I agree, surely the customer can install their own AI tool and invoke it from a mouse button.

1 Like

It’s Logitech desperately trying to “add value” to their already great hardware. They already did that with the Logi webcam software requesting access to your calendars in order to show a popup when it’s time to join a meeting call.

1 Like

Rob Griffiths has posted steps to disable the AI prompt in the Logitech mouse software Remove the AI bloatware from Logitech’s mouse driver.

Note the solution is not original with Mr. Griffiths, and he credits the original poster in his post.

1 Like

I would argue the best way to remove it is to remove the Logitech software completely. Get something like Steermouse if you need more options.

Thanks to the above, I used my Actual Intelligence (personal AI) and removed everything Logi from this Mac. OpenAI seems to have recruited an army of street dealers to inject itself in tech everywhere. Worm, that it is.

Katie

2 Likes

It’s just occurred to me that it’s very possible that Logi are being paid by OpenAI to effectively include ChatGPT with every device.

If that is the case, I bet OpenAI paid a lot of money

Maybe, or us because there is high user demand for AI? Every tech product seems to be looking for a way to include it, or at least mention it. Even Apple seems to be going all in.

Saw this recently LinearMouse–the remedy to Logitech their dumb choices – Geffrey van der Bos

1 Like

I’d love similar software on my iPhone and iPad also so I could understand what traffic is leaving it.

1 Like

This is why I’m using better mouse…

1 Like