Logi Options & M1 Mac Issue, Anyone?

I have been getting this prompt frequently on my new Mac Mini with Big Sur. When I go to the Sec & Privacy System Pref - General, nothing there to allow what is being requested.I have uninstalled and reinstalled…same issue.

EtreCheck says that LogiMgrDriver.kext is not loaded. Using a command in Terminal. I get this:

"john@MiniMac ~ % sudo kextload /Library/Application\ Support/Logitech.localized/Logitech\ Options.localized/LogiMgrDriver.kext

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /Library/Application Support/Logitech.localized/Logitech Options.localized/LogiMgrDriver.kext

Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e

Incompatible architecture"

It appears to me that that driver/kernel extension is not compatible with the M1 machines. Anyone run into this??

I don’t have a solution for you, but yup - that’s exactly what that message means. You’d need a Logitech kext / driver / whatever that was compiled for ARM.

In addition to asking here, I would also reach out to Logitech’s support and see what they have to say - sometimes support lead times suck, but in theory they should have the best info. :slight_smile:

ETA: This type of thing is being discussed over here → https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360048901913-Logitech-Options-for-Windows-on-ARM-Win32-Desktop-app-badly-needed

and it seems somebody asked about it, and the front-line people basically said “we’ll pass along your feedback”. You’d like to think they’d be working on it, but…

1 Like

I have a support ticket and am awaiting a reply.

OMG…just got a response to my incompatibility report to Logi. “Try another computer…use a different USB port”…blah blah canned response to nothing I reported…geez

That’s discouraging and does not seem like a fix is coming soon.

I don’t intend to stop at this agent…will keep on working on this to get it sent up to engineering or a higher support level.

Either the agent didn’t actually read my report, our just way above their head

1 Like