Looking at the MacBook Outsides

After years of never putting anything on my MacBooks and judging people who did, about 6 years ago I started putting things on my MacBook.

This is my old 2008 MB which I dearly loved. I miss the light up apple:

IMG_2712

It’s got stickers or decals from organizations I’m part of (FemTechNet, HASTAC), a photographer friend’s Instagram account (ChicanoSoul), from the publisher of my first post-grad school writing (Never Mind the Hispanics…), the TARDIS, and a calavera from a Día de Los Muertos celebration.

This is my new MB which is adorable and is just starting to accumulate personality:

IMG_2711

Something from last year’s Día de Los Muertos celebration and a red Dalek.

How is your MacBook decorated?

4 Likes

Yea! I love seeing everyone’s stickers. I’ve never put stickers on my laptops because, like tattoos, I can never decide between so many good options lol.

A follow-on question: if you don’t put stickers on your laptop or have way more than will fit like me, where do you put them?

1 Like

I know, it was hard to start.

The Doctor Who TARDIS and Dalek were my gateway drug. They’re clinging decals so could be easily removed. But once I started down the road…

1 Like

For a very long time I had to said no to stickers and then one day I went nuts and covered the machine, there used to be more but a few fell off. Mainly a github one in the bottom corner

4 Likes

When I had my MacBook Pro and MacBook Air:

MBP:
IMG_3143
Went a bit overboard but developers send swag. A lot of it and I loved it all.

MBA:
image%20copy

Work issued MBA with a bit more restraint. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Where did you get that merge conflict sticker? That’s hilarious.

1 Like

Aw man stickers! I love stickers but I loved the sleek aluminium cover and couldn’t bear to cover it! Now I’m using a desktop only though… But the back of the Mac remains undecorated - would kinda be a waste to past anything there too, since I hardly look at the back of my mac.

I’ve got some pretty stickers but nowhere to put them, suggestions anyone?

1 Like

A website called redbubble is where most of my stickers come from there, and a trip to the Melbourne IBM offices for the two think logos in the corners

Here is the link to the sticker

1 Like

I keep my MBP 13” Space Grey completely naked. But I see you guys and your dev stickers… a friend of mine makes something you might like… :wq

(I get no cut, I just know vim users love ‘em)

https://dbrand.com/macbook-skins

This quarter’s Field Notes subscription just arrived today and it includes this awesome sticker. Tempting to put it on my MBP! Space and Field Notes? :heart_eyes:

Image%202

https://fieldnotesbrand.com/products/three-missions

1 Like

Three weeks ago I started with stickers on my 2012 MacBook Air, after a visit to the Apple museum in Prague. Inside Electron is my nephew’s rockband.

IMG_1971

http://www.applemuseum.com/en/

IMG_1568

2 Likes

I just started putting stickers on my MacBook Pro a few months ago and used what I had kicking around. By day I’m a SQL Server DBA (Windows pays my bills) so the stickers are mostly oriented toward that. I redacted one as it’s slightly suggestive (no more so than an episode of Seinfeld though)

IMG_4191%20(1)

2 Likes

The sloths are especially great. :slight_smile:

@FrankV I went to the Apple museum recently, I missed the stickers though, wish I’d picked some up they look great

I am a suit, so no stickers.

1 Like

IMG_1944

I kept a clean machine the first five years. At seven, the MacBook Air has earned some decoration.

1 Like

Just added a few decals to the cover of my 2017 13” MBP. While I work in a professional environment, I still feel these represent who I am while still maintaining a nice balance. Additionally, they are an i-Blason clear matte case - not the machine itself. Slim but yet still protective. image image

2 Likes

Not a lot on mine but good use of the lit up logo (I think)!

IMG_0386

And Bayern Munich the football team of choice … :slight_smile:

4 Likes