Looking at Window Manager options

I’m a long-time SizeUp user, but because I now use a 43-inch display (along with a separate 24-inch display on portrait mode) I’ve been wanting to be able to size windows to smaller portions of the screen than quarters.

I tried Magnet for a few days seeing that they can slice things up into thirds and sixths, but the fact that I can’t easily move windows to other spaces really hampers my workflow. Are there other Window managers that accommodate these two sets of features I’m looking for?

A bonus feature would be the ability to save workspaces, like be able to launch certain apps in specific spaces and positions on the screen.

I’ve seen a bunch of talk about Moom in this group although I have never used it but a quick search will probably give you a bunch of details. I just checked setapp and it includes something called Mosaic.

Not sure if either of those will do the trick.

https://medium.com/@davidmles/moom-vs-magnet-493fd2d31a77 - review of Moom, Magnet and Spectacle.

+1 for Moom. Another option (which I combine with Moom) is rolling your own with Keyboard Maestro.

I’m playing around with Moom now. Is there a way to move a window to a different space using a keyboard shortcut? I can’t seem to find a way so far. Otherwise, I’m liking how easy it is to create custom controls.

I only use spaces for full screen apps, so I haven’t explored that, but I don’t see anything built in to Moom for spaces.

I wonder if an AppleScript could be cobbled together to do that.

My favorite is Divvy. It’s super easy and give me very granular control.

I bought Magnet when the price dropped to 99¢, but I went back to Moom, which I’d already been using for many years. Maybe I’m just used to it…

Although I don’t have multiple monitors Moom’s page says “Move windows across displays—and with chained commands, zoom them to new sizes and locations while moving.”