Looking for AppleScript (or sim) for message URL in Outlook

I’m trying to get messages from Outlook into Omnifocus, but Omnifocus is not recognized as a valid target when dragging a message. Does anyone have an AppleScript that would copy the URL of the message currently selected in Outlook to the clipboard?

@SteveH if you can find one you’re my hero. I have the same problem. This is the best I was able to do:

http://mitchwagner.com/2018/05/29/script-for-adding-an-email-from-outlook-as-an-omnifocus-task/

I think that Outlook does not recognize message URLs. Feh.

Found this: http://rainer.4950.net/2014/06/04/outlook-to-omnifocus2-take-12/

Will try it out this afternoon. It’s for a prior version of Outlook, but maybe it will still work.

Any luck getting that script to work? I’ve found it completely useless. And the Alfred workflow I pointed to earlier in the thread seems to be unreliable - a fatal flaw in a GTD workflow.

Didn’t get a chance to play with it, yet.

I’m now trying the script from the website I linked to earlier. Seems to work – so far.

I use a script that copies the contents of the message into the OmniFocus task and attaches the message so I can reply to it, but in Outlook 2016, I have not found a way to get a URL to the message. I wish I could remember where I got this script. It might be an updated version of the one that Mitch uses, but I cannot remember.

I wrapped it in a Keyboard Maestro Macro that only works when Outlook is active and overloads the Omnifocus hot key.

I finally sat down and played with a few scripts, those linked above and tracing back some of their origins. Nothing gave me a URL that works for me. I got to the point where I could get the content of a message, copied into the task note, but that’s not what I am after.

I think I’m at the point where I am moving on. Look for another thread soon on smart mailboxes (the weak point in the mail apps that do good integration with OmniFocus).

I think I remember reading somewhere that Outlook does not support message URLs. On a whim, I tried Apple Mail again with my company and now it works again so I have given up on Outlook altogether