Looking for external Bluetooth control device for iPhone

Hi everyone!

I have been using an external keyboard and trackpad (and mouse) for my iPad like forever. Is there any way to connect a Magic Trackpad or Logitech MX-style mouse to iPhone? I was just now able to pair an OG Logitech MX Master to my iPhone, but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

Use case is for an assistive device where the iPhone will be mounted on an arm, and scrolling / selecting / clicking could be done on the external device. The user has limited mobility and chronic pain in her arms so we’re looking to find an alternative method of input.

I kinda don’t want to go full Stephen Hawking on her with the Accessibility “Eye Tracking” and “Head Tracking” options just yet, but if anyone have some experience with these, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!

I think you might just need to enable AssistiveTouch in the settings with the mouse connected to the iPhone.

From the article:

  1. Go to Settings > Accessibility, and select Touch.
  2. Select AssistiveTouch > Devices, then select Bluetooth Devices.
  3. Select your device from the list
3 Likes

Thanks so much @KGF that worked instantly and looks exactly like what I was hoping for.

I was actually in that menu before, looking for it, but and apparently missed it.

:smiley:

1 Like