Looking for pulse control app for Apple Watch

I have a heart condition and I’m not allowed to max out my pulse any more. Long story short; Got my second heart attack in January and I’m lucky to be alive.

I’m quite fit and are doing five cardio classes a normal week. But as the pulse goes higher the blood pressure increases (logical, but I had no idea). Since I have bad blood vessels from my mothers side I’m in that category that are classed as “heart patients”… :worried:

So, I got a max pulse recommendation of 150. I have tried to use the built in warning systems but I’m not satisfied with how it works, and the pulse numbers are also really small which is a problem when you jump, run and bounce (combined with 50+ eyes)…

Hence the question; Anyone that wants to recommend an Apple Watch app that:

• Can create some warning with vibrations when the heart rate goes too high.
  • Show the current pulse in big numbers.

Thanks,
Andreas :slight_smile:

I use an FITIV Pulse when I use my stationary bike. It will give you haptic notifications when you change HR Zones. You can edit the HR Zones. I use it because it will transmit to the iPhone that I keep in front of me on the bike. I will take a look and see if you can make the HR on the watch large in size. It’s a yearly subscription (about $25) but I think there is a trial.

2 Likes

Just tested - You can customize the metrics that are shown on the watch. I think it also changes the background color of HR to match the current HR zone.

I’ve been using it for over 2 years and it continues to work well for me. Let me know if you want to test anything else.

Hope you are doing well now. Take care. :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

Does it work without the FITIV hardware?

Yes - I Just use the watch and my iPhone.

Awesome, seems perfect for my needs!

Thanks again! :pray:

1 Like

I’m glad you’re ok.

I looked at this when I had my Heart Attack in 2017, I never found an app that was reliable, but I’m interested to see if others can recommend something.

I’m not quite as active as you seem, but I monitor my watch to keep mine below 150.

1 Like