Looking in the PARA method, best resource to learn?

I want to study the PARA method to see if it will enhance my productivity and workflow. What is a great resource to learn how to effectively employ the PARA method?

Spend $3000 to take one of his courses? For less money, there is supposed to be a book coming out. …Yes, it is expected June 14th and is available for pre-order.

P.S. There are all kinds of free YouTube videos and articles a Google search away.

1 Like

$3000 maybe just a bit on the high side! :slightly_smiling_face:

I realize there are Google articles and YouTube articles videos available but I thought I’d ask if someone had one that they would recommend in particular. You know, the hive mind and all.:slightly_smiling_face:

Might have something to do with how valuable I think the method is. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I presume not very. :slightly_smiling_face:

Marie Poulin is a Notion trainer but has a good 20 minute video explaining the method.

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated. I’ll take a look.

As you may already know, the Forte Labs website has quite a detailed overview of the PARA Method:

5 Likes

I think the best method is what works for you.

A lot of people are hyperfocused on specific systems that others proposed. But we are all individuals.

When you earned your PhD was there one "correct’ way to take notes on a paper or outline a book? I would suggest that one of the big-picture takeaways of the degree is observing how others learn and then mixing/matching from others’ styles to come up with your own method.

5 Likes

Is PARA Tiago’s personal invention? Or is it something that existed before him?

1 Like

I was so surprised to hear this I had to go look for myself!

I do believe Thiago is one of the few diamonds in the rough of the productivity course landscape, but that is a shocking amount of money. I feel very fortunate to have signed up for his course a few years ago when it was $500 for the version that included access to all future live cohorts.

To be honest, PARA turned out to not be for me, but I remember feeling like after I took the course, there wasn’t really that much more that I learned than from his free blog posts.

That being said, I expect his courses have evolved a lot since the; but then again, surely his content has too. I’m excited to see how his book turns out.

1 Like

Thanks.

20 characters

Thanks!

20 characters

1 Like

Certainly not. Have been using that concept in my Engineering 30 years back. The word PARA is Tiago’s though. The concept I don’t think so

1 Like

Any college student in India (I say because I’m so one)
even 20 years ago would have followed this methodology. They would have 3 binders for each subject. The archive is the 4th binder which just get passed on to the juniors.

Actively studying and being taught
Research from library
Semester Project

They were all analog. Pen and paper

Todays world. Digital PARA

3 Likes

Base price for his course is $1,500 - still not cheap.

I don’t know if this is helpful @Bmosbacker, but I became a member of Tiago’s blog “Praxis” for one month then cancelled. In that time I saved all of his member-only posts related to PARA method. It cost me $10 compared to the cost of the course! It’s obviously not going to be as good as the course but the information in the posts was enough for me to put it together and see if it worked for me. See here:

@jaketheo thanks, I’ll check it out!

I’ve seen anywhere from $500 to 3000 euros.