Mac app to lock Center Stage in place?

Is there a way to lock Center Stage in place (aside from just turning it off), or have it only move up and down, and not left and right? A third-party webcam app, maybe?

The long explanation:

I’ve been using Center Stage with Zoom calls on my new Studio Display. I like Center Stage to an extent — it helps put my head at the right position between the top and bottom of the screen. Without it, I appear much too close to the bottom of the screen, unless I tilt the Studio Display at a weird downward angle.

The problem is that I don’t want Center Stage to pan left and right when I move. I have several pairs of skis mounted on my home office wall, just off camera, that I really don’t need clients seeing when Center Stage pans that way just because I shift in my seat.

I am don’t have a solution to offer, but I would like to be able to turn off center stage and control Zoom/Pan/Tilt manually, so I’ll let you know if I find anything in my search. Webcam Settings.app would be perfect for my needs, but it doesn’t work with the Studio Display.

1 Like