Mac apps for Word Clouds (aka "Wordles"?)

I’d like to occasionally be able to make “word clouds” as you find at https://wordart.com but I’d rather buy an app once rather than pay-per-use.

I tried a google search and found a few iOS apps, but nothing much for the Mac. There are a bunch of websites, but I have no idea which are good or not. If there’s no Mac app, a good (ideally free) website would be preferable.

This is not a helpful reply, but I have to share this scene from Veep (which I actually personally uploaded to YouTube, low quality and all, for these opportunities):

3 Likes

What output format are you looking for? I have a python script that outputs html with scalable fonts.

Well this is really serendipitous.
I decided I needed a word cloud this morning and ran across:

3 Likes

I didn’t really have any particular format in mind… I’d love to see how it looks. Thanks!

The only thing I know I don’t want is words doing in different directions (some rotated 90º) which I’ve seen some of the sites do.

Looking it over, it’s a bit of a mess. How’s your python?

I wonder if the developer of ShapeGo and WordSalad plans to create a Mac Catalyst app? I tried the demo a while ago and had planned on purchasing it but today I’m often in a pattern of “wait and see” because I think creative apps need to leverage catalyst to make Mac/iOS roundtripping easy

Have you looked at Tagxedo? I have used it a few times to generate charts and have not had to pay. It’s customizable and does the job adequately enough for single use cases.

This is probably not helpful, but I typically create word clouds using Mathematica’s WordCloud function, in combination with the DeleteStopwords function.