Mac Power Users 432: MPU+: Walking Down The Hallway On The Internet

You guys talked about WiFi systems now that Apple has shut down the Airport line. Earlier this year we bought the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 with Circle by Disney built in, and it’s providing awesome coverage for our 2200 sq. ft.

I would have loved to have bought a mesh system like Eero, but it wasn’t in the budget. This router is in our basement and reaches our second floor with no problem and at nearly full signal strength/speed.

2 Likes

I have the Netgear AC3200 and it is lightening fast and covers my 2,400 square foot home without issue.

1 Like

Isn’t it great? I ran a speed test from across the house and up a floor and it worked like a charm: 100/10, just like Charter promises.

1 Like

It is. I also had to get a new modem but, now I see 115/10 reliably throughout the house. :grinning:

1 Like

I am debating between the AmplifiHD and Orbi, Costco has the 3 pack orbi onssle now until July 4th. This would be for my mother who has a pretty good sized home with many dead spots with her current $50 router. She has a ring doorbell and the connections so slow that usually whoever rang is driving away by the time she gets a connection. I’ve read there have been issues with ring and Orbi connections. I’ve not found any conversation about Ring and Amplifi.
I have talked with 2 separate people I know that have tried the Eearo and neither were impressed, both ended up with Amplifi HD I think.
I think both Orbi and the Amplifi are top notch I’m just worried about the ring connection or being one of the many that complain about constant internet disconnects I read in the reviews when it comes to a lot of these new mesh systems