MacBook Pro cannot boot at all

My MacBook Pro was working fine until I tried to upgrade to newer macOS.

I tried to upgrade from AppStore, but it fails and restarts my machine.

I tried to upgrade from USB, but it also fails and restarts my machine.

I formatted everything on my machine, even recovery boot is only “Internet Recovery” available.

When I enter the Internet Recovery, I select my WiFi and entered WiFi password. It downloaded stuff for 20-30 minutes then it restart again and nothing was installed.

I tried to install Linux / Live Linux USB but it keeps asking for Internet Recovery and repeats the 20-30 minutes download then restart again and nothing was installed.

After reading, I think I have to disable T2 Chip but I do not have recovery at all.

Can I install Internet Recovery from USB instead of Internet?

Is there “low level” ways to install macOS or install Ubuntu on MacBook Pro 2018?

I recall having a similar problem a few years ago. Try an internet recovery again using an Ethernet connection instead of WiFi.

I agree, that is a good suggestion. Also, I have seen where if you were trying to upgrade to versions that are unsupported on your machine that it will fail. You can use this key combo

• On an Intel-based Mac, you can use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup to be offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. Or you can use Option-Command-Rduring startup to be offered either the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac, or in some cases the macOS that came with your Mac or the closest version still available.

Here is the Apple Support link
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

1 Like