Macbook with no Apple ID

Hi,

I am going through a security audit at work which will force me to install Intune on my work laptop. In doing some reading, it is often suggested to use the laptop without logging into an Apple ID. Does anybody use their macbook like this? Is so, can you provide some experiences?

Thanks

My work laptop doesn’t have an Apple ID associated with it.

It works fine.

1 Like

I run some macOS VMs without an Apple ID.

During OS first run setup you have to fight against it wanting you to set one up, by choosing carefully.

And of course you won’t be able to use anything that requires Apple ID without signing in.

But you can for example user the OS without, and sign in to only, say, Music or App Store. So it can be more focused use than system wide.

YMMV

Thank you. Just curious for those with multiple macs how do you sync needed apps when you should not be logging in with Apple ID on one of the macs? For examples Alfred, I may need certain workflows accessible to both mac but not all.