macOS Quick Actions

Moved to a different mac and realized I had some useful Quick Actions installed on my old one. Does anyone know which to find them so I can install them on my new one?

Also, what are Quick Actins that y’all are using?

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 1.27.54 PM

Quick Actions are selected in macOS Settings > Privacy and Security > Finder (etc.) “Install” isn’t really what happens here. An app has to register itself to offer a Quick Action, and then macOS Settings provides a means to activate the context for that action. (This includes any Apple Shortcuts you have on the machine that are configured to “Use as Quick Action” in various contexts.) So, if you’ve got all the apps (and shortcuts) installed on the new machine that you had on the old one, you should be able to go to Settings and activate them.

Katie

1 Like

i don’t have them installed on the new which is what I’m trying to figure how can I find these extensions on my old machine.

I haven’t done this for a while but I think it’s ~/Library/Services .

1 Like

If you don’t have the app or shortcut installed that provides the Quick Action service when that service is invoked, then the service won’t work. The actions are linked to apps and shortcuts that register themselves with macOS as service providers. No app, no shortcut, no service.

Katie

I haven’t done this for a while but I think it’s ~/Library/Services.

Yes, this is the location for the ones you made yourself using Automator (and presumably Shortcuts?)