Magsafe Charger & Silicon Magsafe case

I have an iPhone 13 Pro with a “midnight” silicon MagSafe case which I bought on release day last year. I have also now finally gotten around to buying a magsafe charger for use with it for faster charging.

However, having just used it for the first time I find that it has marked the case with a very visible ring following charging. I have tried cleaning the case and though initially it seems to clear it comes back almost instantly.

Is this everyone’s experience in using the MagSafe charger and if so am I alone in being unhappy with this? I have never heard any comments regarding the impact of the charger on the case (though admittedly I wasn’t looking for any).

Ten minutes ago, I discovered a different problem while on a tech support call with Apple. I was addressing this issue and had my iPhone 13 Max on speaker. The tech said I was breaking up. He asked me if I had a case on the phone. I told him I had the Apple midnight leather MagSafe case. He asked me to take it off and try again. Sure enough, he said my voice was crystal clear. For whatever reason the case is interfering with the speaker phone. So he authorized a new case for me which I’ll pick up tomorrow from the Apple store.

This doesn’t address your question but I thought my situation is timely to your issue.

Glad your getting a solution to your particular issue with the replacement.

Was hoping to convas some feedback as to whether my issue is unique or if its a common issue before I raise it with Apple.

To answer your question specifically I do not have a ring and I wireless charge my 13 Pro each night. I have this case.

Thanks for confirming this case isn’t affected. Hopefully, I’ll hear from someone with an Apple silicon magsafe case.

1 Like