MailMate with Office 365?

MailMate tempts me.
My school offers Office 365 which includes email, and of course Mail.app works pretty well with the Exchange servers.
MailMate only supports IMAP, so I wonder if anyone is successfully using MailMate with the imap.office365.com and smtp.office365.com servers. That is, through IMAP/SMTP, and not Exchange.
Or in lieu of that, using another IMAP client with office365.

I use Office365 exclusively with MailMate and I haven’t had any issues. :blush:

1 Like

I use Office365 IMAP with Apple Mail and Apple Notes. It works well.

1 Like

Seems to be working, thanks @kennonb & @jahala.
I’m beginning to like MailMate. Not sure why exactly lol

What’s the advantage of mailmate over Apple mail or outlook?

Yea MailMate is not the prettiest email app but I love love love the customization, markdown supoort, and bundle support. It’s the only email client I’ve used that supports code snippets easily (because of the Markdown editor).

1 Like

If those apps work well for you then you may not need MailMate but I always found them to be lacking in many areas.

1. The main one always being writing an email message. I write most things in Markdown and having native support baked into my editor is absolutely wonderful.

2. Exporting email. I often export email to different systems. DEVONthink, Keep It, my task manager, and even my file system sometimes. MailMate’s bundles make this a breeze.

3. It has a JSON syntax for setting keyboard shortcuts to literally any action in the app. I can navigate to any area of the app with my keyboard with only a few key strokes.

2 Likes

Follow up question, what iOS mail application(s) play nicely with MailMate?
I was watching a SCO screencast, and had high hopes for Dispatch, but the developer doesn’t recommend it for Exchange-based email. I presume that includes IMAP-Exchange as well.
I would like message:// links that would work on macOS and iOS, with the ability to send to Things. Bonus points for DEVONthink (on iOS).
Thanks!

I use Airmail with this Workflow action. It strips the Airmail URL for the universal message ID and creates a Mail/MailMate compatible message URL. You could duplicate this and send it to DEVONthink instead of Things 3.

https://workflow.is/workflows/7248911da14f4370ad00bc8d9f34f4fb

Here are the settings I use in Airmail’s Custom Action for Workflow.

1 Like

Very slick!
I didn’t know Airmail had all that going on behind its pretty face.
As far as I can find, adding a note like this isn’t possible with DT. There is a canned action which adds an airmail url, but apparently no DT support in Workflow. (Though I may have missed something.)

Thanks again!

1 Like

You bet. :blush:

You should be able to use the DEVONthink URL scheme to add a new note with the email’s content & message URL.

https://forum.devontechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16628&p=77613#p77613