ManyCam + old iDevices

I’ve just installed ManyCam to help me with my teaching (and because I enjoy playing with new software).
It hooked me because I was having odd issues with OBS (probably user error), saw that ManyCam uses Metal, then discovered I could put my iDevices to use as sources. It seems to work brilliantly for that, but the coming week will be my first live use.

I currently have an old iPad mini as my head camera, an iPad running GoodNotes as my whiteboard, and my iPhone XR as an over-the-shoulder or top down camera for demos.
I also use a Rode SmartLav+ mic, which I haven’t properly synced yet.

So far I am super-impressed by the image quality and ease of use. And the fact I can leverage my iDevice hoard not just as cameras, but also for mirroring.

I’m curious if anyone here has experience with ManyCam.

3 Likes

Nice app. Thanks for the heads up. It seems to do what Ecamm does but is less expensive.

I can’t comment on the use of older devices although your posting does prompt me to want to pull out an older iPhone 5 to test.

In case it is of any interest to you, I have found that Reincubate Camo does a nice job to crop the iPhone output. I did not see yet whether ManyCam might let me dispense with this.

JJW

ManyCam lets you crop, rotate and adjust colors so it seems pretty comprehensive for that, though maybe not as much as Camo judging from the website.