March 2019 Sales and Software Deals

Spectre Camera $1.99

Makes me wish I had one of the ginormous new phones.
Spectre Camera by Chroma Noir LLC

One of their samples, a five second hand-held exposure:

3 Likes

As a longtime user of Slow Shutter Cam on iOS, which is the definitive app of its kind, I was pretty unimpressed with that portion of Spectre. SSC can let you re-shoot into the image, lets you set the time 30 30 seconds (or endlessly, AKA ā€˜bulbā€™), has a self-timer to reduce shake, and a lot more. I also found the Spectre images to be a lot less sharp - handheld or mounted - than SSC.

The app was a main focus of the latest episode of the Tiny Shutter podcast, and the hosts - who to a man all love Halide - were generally underwhelmed, some feeling the app was rushed out the door.

The anti-shake feature is (potentially) good, and the AI-based tech is unique. But for slow-shutter/light-trails itā€™s not up to the competition.

1 Like

Noteplan just got a temporary price drop in the Mac App Store, from $19.99 to $4.99

Thereā€™s a 3rd-party PopClip someone made for it:

Here are a couple of reviews of the app from 2017:

1 Like

List Ninja for iOS, usually $2.99 (I think) just temporarily went free.

Take Control Books

Pi * 10 sale for Pi day (3/14) today only.

https://www.takecontrolbooks.com/catalog?cp=PIDAY2019

2 Likes

Stacksocial offers ā€˜The Epic Mac Bundleā€™ for $29.99. Coupon code ā€œDN25ā€ cuts it 25% to $22.50.

Apps in the deal are:

ā€¢ Fantastical 2
ā€¢ PDF Expert
ā€¢ Flux 7
ā€¢ Pagico 8
ā€¢ Command-Tab Plus
ā€¢ iStat Menus 6
ā€¢ iLocker Pro
ā€¢ Ultdata Recovery

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-epic-mac-bundle-ft-fantastical-2-pdf-expert

1 Like

Loved this pictureā€¦ wao!!

Worth it just for Fantastical, PDF Expert and iStat Menu. The rest are just bonuses.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a BusyCal user, but still temptedā€¦ **Must resist shiny new app**

2 Likes

Close the browser and slowly back away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Saint Patrickā€™s day sale- 30% off Softorino Apps. Expires March 22, 2019

1 Like

Folder Colorizer is a really nice toolā€¦ but Windows only :cry:

Affinity are holding a Spring sale with 20% off anything on their website. Obviously, this also includes all their apps and workbooks.

Affinity Spring Sale

1 Like

The xLine mindmapping app is temporarily free in the Mac App Store. (It typically sells for around $19.99)

Full app, no In-App-Purchases!

3 Likes

Apparently Shawn Blancā€™s course on using Ulysses is getting a big ($15 [temporary price?]) upgrade to discuss Shortcuts and more. Just got an upgrade email

75% off Epistory

Last day: DxO PhotoLab2 Elite for ā‚¬89 instead of ā‚¬199 with the PromoCode ā€œAPRIL-SAVE-DPL2ā€.

While I use Lightroom for most of my stuff, PhotoLab2 is better at some stuff. Really high end RAW processing.

And PhotoMechanic 6 is finally out! 64bit, reverse geoencodig and other stuff. Just downloaded it, didnā€™t give it a try yet.