Mark Gurman's Apple Vision Pro habit: From once-a-day to once-a-week

I hope you’re right, but I do remember the first iPhone which I bought 1 week after it was put on sale. It was a compelling device immediately that I used every day, even without 3rd party apps. Everyone around me wanted to check it out when they noticed I had an iPhone.

Now with the Vision Pro, I only use it on weekends because there is not much to draw me into using it besides watching movies. And when I show friends and families, they are impressed by the immersive videos, but they all complain about the weight and laborious setup to use it (guest mode stinks). Not a single one has said they want to buy one.

1 Like

Gotta disagree after I’ve had my CPAP (actually an APAP) for two months!

2 Likes

About 40% of all Macs sold are MacBook Airs. That says a lot to me about what people are willing to spend on a computer. But some future Vision Pro might have much wider appeal.

In the meantime smart glasses are gaining in popularity. They brought in around $6 billion in 2023 and sales are increasing. I think a pair of frames, priced similar to AirPods Pro, coupled with a smarter, more reliable, Siri replacement might be popular with a lot of people.

1 Like

Whatever reason you stopped using it, I’d hold on to it, not sell. The hardware still has a long life ahead of it, Apple keeps improving things with updates, and native apps continue to be published.

I’m still using it daily and continue to love it. Physical monitors seem too constricting to me now.

1 Like

I agree… I certainly don’t use it all day… But I do use it every day and I find the physical monitors way too constricting. I would say I use it two hours a day and get meaningful work done with it as well as stuff like watching shows and meditating/relaxing

3 Likes

I completely agree! I have used one as we recently got one in our offices, and found I had a headache after around 20 mins of use - a complete no-go for me when I want to be productive. It was too heavy, and having a battery tethered to it felt ridiculous, the Oculus was a much nicer experience as a device.

2 Likes