Menu Bar Splitter - free app to help organize your menu bar apps

I can’t remember where I saw this, but…

menu-bar-splitter: A Mac Utility for Keeping Your Menu Bar Organized is a free app that will let you add some ‘dividers’ (more on that in a moment) between your menu bar icons. This is a good way to visually ‘group’ some of them, if that’s something you’d like.

Release Menu Bar Splitter v2.0 was recently released to work with Bartender 4.

I’ve only just started using it, but I like it. I have used Bartender to ‘group’ icons anyway, but this visual indicator seems handy.

By default, you can use a vertical bar, space, or a . to divide them, but you can also add your own images. I believe the developer has an example showing Skeletor as a divider.

Seemed like something some power users might enjoy.

1 Like

And installed! I’ve been wrestling with menu bar applications for ages. This might just do the trick.

I was just fiddling with Bartender 4 last night for the first time in ages and I couldn’t figure out how to organize the apps that I have showing. After 5 mins, I punted. A divider would but nice, I think.

Maybe someone will add groups and disclosure triangles next.

2 Likes

Bartender 4 provides “Spacers” between groups – vertical bars. Is this similar to “Menu Bar Splitter”?

4 Likes

Oh! So it does… I did not realize that the ‘Spacers’ in Bartender could be more than just blank space which I did not want.

In Bartender, add a spacer, then click on it to change what character it uses. Even emoji :slight_smile:

3 Likes