Minecraft Java Edition on the M1 Chip

Minecraft Java Edition runs ridiculously well (under Rosetta 2) on the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro with little to no heat.

The Intel MacBook Air just chugs along…

Imagine Minecraft Bedrock edition being put in the Mac App Store thanks to Apple Silicon. That would be awesome!

Edit: Actually, I wonder if you can run Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Apple Silicon Macs VIA the .ipa file?

1 Like

Speaking of podcasts… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I wonder if you can run Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Apple Silicon Macs VIA the .ipa file for the iPadOS app?

Created an account just to be able to reply to you. You can. :slight_smile: I’ve been running it the past few days already without a hitch! Well mostly. Keyboard and mouse support isn’t there, but you can pair a game controller (I use the xbox one s controllers) and it works perfectly.

The app’s window isn’t to scale, it’s a square when you do full screen but it’s better than nothing!

Here’s the link I followed to get it to work. (I used the Apple Configurator 2 method, works perfectly. Just need to airdrop the .ipa file to another Mac and then back to your M1 Mac for it to open right.)

You could also use iMazing.