Monitor recommendations

Hi all,

I need a new monitor for my MacBook Pro M1 Ultra. I’m obviously tempted by the Studio Display, but I just cannot justify spending £1,500 on a monitor.

Are there any recommendations out there for alternatives based on user experience?

I wouldn’t like to go smaller than 27", but I’d be minded to go slightly bigger if possible, I think about 32", but I’m open to suggestions. I am a writer, so spend the majority of my time in Word processors/writing apps and email. Very low level photo editing and no video editing.

Speakers not important at all, as I have an external system I use.

All suggestions welcomed!

Thanks

I have two of these

in addition to my 27’’ iMac 5K 2017 for about 6 weeks now, and they are doing a pretty good job so far.

I love my 32" 4k LG Ergo monitor. It does up to 65w usbc charging and has a usb hub built into the back. Also I bought from Costco for 449, it routinely goes on sale there for 449 and 499 if you check.

https://www.costco.com/lg-32"-class-ultrafine-uhd-ips-monitor-with-ergostand.product.100682248.html

Avoid cheap LG monitors. I have an LG 27UK600-W 27" 4K UHD IPS LED and it developed terrible backlight leakage over 3-4 years.

I am sorry not picking up on you here. Is there a MacBook Ultra? Or you mean the Max?

As for recommendations, keep in mind there is not a lot of displays that will offer the pixel density that the MacBook built in screen gives you.