šŸ„³ MPU Meetup in June!

Hey gang, weā€™re pumped to announce an MPU Meetup. Iā€™m flying out to visit David, and while we arenā€™t able to host a live podcast recording, we thought hanging out would be a lot of fun!

Here are the details:

• When: Saturday, June 11, 5:30-8:00 p.m. PT
  • Where: Burger Lounge in Irvine, CA (8553 Irvine Center Dr.)

Theyā€™ve got a bunch of outdoor seating we can take advantage of. If you arenā€™t into burgers, there are several other restaurants and a Whole Foods to choose from in the immediate area.

We hope to see you there!

June 7 Update

Hi Gang,

Unfortunately, Stephenā€™s trip to California is getting cut short. So he wonā€™t be able to make it. Rather than cancelling, the meetup is going forward, but Stephen wonā€™t be there. So if you are okay with only one-half of team MPU, youā€™re still welcome to come. Same time. Same location.

• David
18 Likes

Awesome, are you covering flight costs too? :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s only about 1.25 hours from me. Road trip!

After all these years having you as my imaginary friends, Iā€™m looking forward to meeting the real people!

Are there any other MPU fans in San Diego?

4 Likes

Was really excited for a meet up but sadly that burger place is over 13000km awayā€¦.

I have travelled far for a decent burger but this place is really really farā€¦ in another galaxy :joy:

Maybe next time. Have fun guys

1 Like

Same here, would love to meet you all in-person but sadly, as a Belgian and still a (broke) student, Iā€™d have to wait for that day to come. Have fun though!

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s part of my More Power Users subscription :laughing:
Have fun everyone, itā€™ll be a nice group of people who go.

3 Likes

I wish I could be there as well.

OK. So, next one is in Memphis. Correct?

3 Likes

Hah, I am in the area the week before. So close! Have fun, everyone.

Hamburgers and MPU are 2 fav things combined. Donā€™t think I will get ā€œpermissionā€ to fly 12 hours to get thereā€¦

Think itā€™s time for MPU to do a field trip to European Relay Studios in UK and Italy! (and throw in a few meetupsā€¦)

1 Like

When the Relay live show comes to London we can do an MPU meet up then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

count me in ā€¦ (20chars)

1 Like

Had a look at the place with Google Maps. I so much love these kinds of malls. They all look so nice and tidy. And have very spacious parking spaces. All things we can only dream of in Europe. Or at least in the small and crowded part of Europe Iā€™m living in.

I know there are some ā€˜minorā€™ drawbacks to living in California, like wildfires and earthquakes, but otherwise itā€™s paradise.

1 Like

Hahaha, yes, similar for me. Travel time is around 37 hours and involves three Boeings. Not this time then.

3 Likes

My travel time would Lao be 37 hours but thatā€™s driving. No Boeings required.

My wife and I did a similar trip in 2019. Namibia to Joburg and then home to San Diego. Started on an unpaved airstrip in Namibia in a 12-seat plane. That was a long 2-3 days!

1 Like

I would. LOVE to come but Australia to California for 3 hrs is a bit out of the question. BUT would love for you to come here one day!! :heart::heart::pray::pray:

1 Like

Iā€™ve added this to my calendar. I went to the meetup with Rosemary in 2019, and I should be able to come to this. Thank you for finding an outdoor location, thatā€™s a prerequisite for me these days.

1 Like

I am two hours from Memphis so that would be fantastic if it happened!

1 Like

If I can find a babysitter for my son, I plan on making the drive from San Diego.