#MPU500 Questions

For episode 500, I am collecting questions to ask David about the show, his work and even the meaning of life.

You can tweet with the hashtag #mpu500 and I’ll see them, or add them here.

1 Like

What former guests or topics would you want to have back? When initially you and Katie said you’d do only 10 episodes what made you both continue?

1 Like

How do you have time to be a lawyer, plus have this side career in tech? Most lawyers I know don’t have a lot of free time.

2 Likes

I’ll think about the questions, but any chance to bring @katiefloyd on to this show? That’d be nice!

13 Likes

I think it is absolutely indispensable that Katie be invited to participate in this iconic episode (if she possibly can).

8 Likes

I’d love to hear David play the saxophone!

11 Likes

I agree!

1. bring Katie back for this episode if she can
  2. David playing saxophone
6 Likes

How do you keep, or better, will you keep the show fresh? With the built in apps getting better and better and far less innovation in productivity apps, the market has stabilized. It’s a different landscape than the early days when every week there was a new app to explore. With the big problems solved, how do you keep going and see the show evolving without being repetitive - especially after the big OS update shine wears off? (Siri Shortcuts I know is one way but Automators does a lot of that!)

I’m with @jcarucci, how do you have time for everything? I work 24 hours a week because I’m on dialysis and get social security. They don’t allow you to make too much on SS. But I want to start something Apple related in my spare time…

Can I ask a silly question: which light sabre colour would David choose?
https://www.calimacil.com/collections/led-saber/products/led-saber-basis

3 Likes

How does David begin to learn about a new app then work it into his workflow? For example from downloading OmniFocus for the first time ever to being the Jedi that he is? He seems to have done this for so many apps it’s really impressive.

If he could go back and tell himself anything before the first show, what would it be?

1 Like
  1. After 500 episodes, who haven’t you gotten on the show that you thought you would have had on by now? Who would you like to get on the show that hasn’t been?
  2. If David could be part of any TV family, who would it be?
  3. If David were a tree, what kind of tree would he be and why? (haha)
  4. If David could undo one technological innovation, what would it be?
3 Likes

Some less tech-specific questions:

1.) David is about to be marooned on that deserted island, and can only take 3 personal/entertainment (not the survival stuff) items along with him - what would those be?

2.) Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, or Lord of the Rings?

3.) David and partner(s) will be hosted at a fancy, private restaurant of his choosing, and is allowed one additional ‘famous’ dinner-guest, formerly deceased or still alive, to have along. Who would he choose as that guest?

4.) David is offered a one-liner in any movie, past or future. Which movie would he choose to make his appearance?

5.) David can ask Johny Ive to design one “item” for him, non-tech related. What would it be?

6.) A time-machine takes David back to just before college. Money is no barrier - and he can choose what he wants to study other than law - what would it be?

All of these are a bit silly - but could be fun! :sunglasses:

2 Likes
  1. If you were Tim Cook for a day, what would you do?

2. After going back to analog with pen and ink, what are your thoughts on film cameras, vinyl records and analog watches?

3. When are you going to show us your woodwork projects? Any plans for woodwork videos or books?

Thanks for providing this fantastic resource, and congratulations on the 500th anniversary. Please say hi to Katie for us :slight_smile:

1. If you could go to Tim Cook and tell him to pursue a certain product or new service, that you would like the Apple to have, which one would that be?

2. If there is one thing you could change in Apple, what would you choose?

Thanks. I am enjoying your show and recommending it to all my Apple-fan friends. <3

OK, so you took MPU on the road a little while ago…how long until MPU comes Downunder?

Would be great to see ya’ll in Sydney :grinning:

Star Wars one, favourite droid and why?

(Artoo for me BTW :grinning:)

As MPU 500 was recorded this weekend I’ll close the thread here :slight_smile:

2 Likes