Music Player App

I have a rather modest music collection (less than 3000 songs) that lived in iTunes, now Music. I download this music to my iPhone and listen to it when I am out of cellular reach, often outside the US, which amounts to 4-6 weeks per year.

I am looking for a music player that supports locally-curated lyrics and includes at least a rudimentary equalizer. The stock iOS Music app has neither. I am currently using LeechTunes, which satisfies the lyrics requirement but not the equalizer (additionally, the navigation is…well, let’s just say I find it non-intuitive).

Suggestions, please?

Music app: Window > Equalizer

Lots of free-to-cheap lyrics utilities:

As usual I wasn’t clear enough, I should have said “I download this music to my iPhone and listen to it when I am out of cellular reach.” AFAIK the iOS Music app doesn’t have an equalizer, nor does it access “Custom Lyrics”.

I already have the lyrics in macOS Music.

in iOS, equalizer is in the Settings - Music.

1 Like

Yes, it’s been there forever, and it’s pretty inconvenient, especially if you’re switch a lot between spoke-word podcasts and music. And so far Apple has not offered an API to use Shortcuts to change it.

Well that’s pretty lousy design IMHO but I could live with it. Still need lyrics support though. Thanks @Topre.

I just figured out that, apparently, custom lyrics are supported in the iOS Music app. I could swear this didn’t work before. A bug, now fixed, maybe?