Mx biggest wish for iOS …

… is just a small thing, but would make life so much easier: I just want a little paste button on the iPhone keyboard like the iPad has it. I paste so often and trying to evoke that little context menu is so annoying. I had to paste a link between brackets today and it is nearly impossible to touch that little space between them. It would be so easy to find a little space for a little paste button. :sob:

10 Likes

I agree that would be a big improvement. It’s annoying when you keep tapping to try to paste and it either moves the cursor or selects text instead of showing the popup menu.

I really like the paste buttons on the keyboard toolbars of apps like Obsidian and Drafts.

2 Likes

some terminal apps have an extra row they insert above the stock keyboard that has buttons that can be pushed, or swiped in four (diagonal) directions to provide ~50 extra buttons (mostly punctuation). I’d love it if the iOS keyboard could have some functionality like that. One button could be clipboard stuff.

1 Like

Agreed. In case you haven’t discovered, a three finger tap brings up a menu including paste. I don’t think it’s any more convenient (especially not one handed) but that might be helpful for someone.

4 Likes

Wow, I never knew! It’s at least helpful for the occasions where you need to place something at a certain position.