MX Master 3 stopped scrolling

Since getting an M1 max Mac Pro, my Logitech MX Master 3 would sometimes stop scrolling. A few notes:

• I use the dongle.
  • I use the Logi Options software to customize the experience (the stable version; not beta)
  • It has always worked fine for me on my intel Mac
  • I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, using bluetooth, etc. Nothing fixed it until…

I figured out that killing the Logi Options Daemon process restarted something in the mouse and gave me back full functionality.

It was frustrating enough and took up enough of my time that I wrote it up quickly on my blog in case it’s a frustration for anyone else. Figured I’d post it here, too.

3 Likes

Had this issue once or twice a few months ago. M1 13" MBP and MX Master 2S though, and I use bluetooth exclusively. Used the same solution as you.

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not going crazy. Or at least not for this reason haha.

Maybe we’re both going crazy. :rofl:

1 Like

Might as well go through crazy with a friend. Ha

1 Like

I have had issues with the logi options software so I removed it and now use BetterTouchTool to map the scrolling and buttons the way I want. The only one I cannot map is the invisible thumb button, but I do not not like using that anyway so I do not mind.

1 Like

Ah, didn’t even think of better touch tool. But I use that thumb button to change spaces and think it’d be hard to lose that.

Love your Blog template/layout. Very nice. :+1:

1 Like

I had real issues with the new Logi+ software on the new MacBook Pro, went back to the old one and has been pretty solid.

BTT doesn’t recognise the ‘gesture’ button (there’s a thread on the BTT forum which has not been replied to).

I also use flow which BTT probably can’t help with.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks! It’s been a fun little experiment :slight_smile:

Hmm. Good to know. I didn’t realize there was “new” Logi software. I’ll look into it.

I have had this issue.

The only solution I have found is to turn it on and off using the little switch at the back. I use mine via bluetooth and if I just switch the channel on and off, this seems to work

1 Like

Hmm. Good to know. I can’t remember if I’ve tried that. I’ll give it a go next time. (Although now that I’ve got a hot key setup to restart the process…not sure if I’ll remember ha)