My AirPods are tracking me

Since this week I get a tracking warning when I leave the house with my AirPods and my iPhone. After some time (about 1 hour) my iPhone tells me that I am accompanied by an unknown tracking device and that this tracking device is AriPods Pro. I also get exactly the distance on which I was tracked displayed. However, it is my own AirPods that I have partly also Nico to this in the ears that track me here allegedly. The only explanation I have found is that I have paired the AirPods some time ago with another iPhone with eggs other App, le IDs. I have now deleted this pairing on a trial basis and will see what happens. Has anyone also had this experience?

Ăśbersetzt mit DeepL (DeepL Translate App for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android)

See this link on Daring Fireball

Specifically this bit toward the end:

" Addressing alert issues for AirPods: We’ve heard from users who have reported receiving an “Unknown Accessory Detected” alert. We’ve confirmed this alert will not display if an AirTag is detected near you — only AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or a third-party Find My network accessory. In the same software update, we will be updating the alert users receive to indicate that AirPods have been traveling with them instead of an “Unknown Accessory.”. "

2 Likes

Oddly, I get the opposite warning. When I leave my home with my AirPods Pro, often in my ears, i get the warning that I left them behind. Pretty much every time. I’m hoping this will get fixed with an upcoming update as part of the same bug.

Why don’t you call AppleCare for a replacement? They, typically, are very good. Nice people.

1 Like

I get this a lot too. Every time is a bit of panic before I realize they’re in my pocket. Haven’t had it while listening (yet).