My Macs are no longer recognizing my HP M507 Laserjet printer!

Hi Everyone,

I noticed about a month ago my HP printer is not being recognized by any of my macs? I’ve checked for updated software (mac and hp), unplugged and plugged the printer (from the wall and the computer), and tried reset.

Someone at Apple told me that there has been an ongoing problem. HP’s software won’t load onto Mac Ventura.

I’m at a loss?

Can anyone help?

TIAQ

Michael

Have you tried to reset your printing system? (System Preferences - Printer&Scanner - Rightclick on the Printer Window / All printer will be removed during this reset, and must be configured again!!)
Can you see the printer in the System Preferences if you select the add a printer menu?
If you see the printer there, have you tried to install it as a (I think it is called in english) legacy printer, so without specific HP-software?
How is the printer connected? If it is via a network, could you reach the printer via its IP-Adress?
Have you installed the EasyStart and EasyAdmin software from this website?

Are you already on macOS 13.1?

I just started having the same problem with my Brother L2360DW connected via WiFi on the latest Ventura beta. It’s worked for years and now stopped. I tried reconnecting to the wireless network, restarting and removing from System Settings. It can be seen but not re-added. I’ll let you know if anything works.

EDIT: Still cannot get it to work with the latest drivers on my M1 MacBook Pro 13", but it works totally fine with my iPhone.

Have you installed the latest drivers?
https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hll2360dw_us

Sometimes it could also help, to connect the printer via ethernet or USB, while you are troubleshooting, to eliminate the Wifi as a possible problem.

1 Like

FWIW I am not on the beta and my Brother L2340D is working using AirPrint.

1 Like

Ulli,

Let me answer each question one by one below:

Ulli

3h

Have you tried to reset your printing system? (System Preferences - Printer&Scanner - Rightclick on the Printer Window / All printer will be removed during this reset, and must be configured again!!). YES.
Can you see the printer in the System Preferences if you select the add a printer menu? NO.
If you see the printer there, have you tried to install it as a (I think it is called in english) legacy printer, so without specific HP-software? N/A
How is the printer connected? If it is via a network, could you reach the printer via its IP-Adress? USB
Have you installed the EasyStart and EasyAdmin software from this website? WONT LET ME - MAC SAYS SOFTWARE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED.

So, I am at a loss?

After a printer firmware update my HP printer changed its AirPrint name and state. I had to go remove the printer and re-add it to all my machines. A complete pain.

OK, I think I got your problem.
There is a pop-up while you try to install the HP-Software, that says that the Software could not be installed, because Apple could not search for Malware inside, right!?

If that comes up, and you still want to install this software, click on the “go to Finder” field of the message, and then Right-Click the software and select “Open” again. The next Pop-Up should have the additional option of “Install”. (The fields might have slightly different names, as I work with the german version of the software!).
This should install the software, and then your printer should be working again, if you run through the whole installation process for the printer again.

OK. So, I’m totally PO! Got it working, printing a 700+ document, just stops halfway through, two hours of trying to fix, had to run to Kinkos. Fun! NOT! (I don’t think I ever heard back from HP). HP just lost a decades-long cutomer.

Much sympathy. In my experience, printers seem to be the same garbage tech they were in the 1980s, only faster and with wi-fi. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It works on my Mac.

Try calling HP tech support if you haven’t already done so.
(800) 474-6836‬

1 Like