My Old faithful Stickies

It is great to see stickies is relatively unscathed in Monterey.

Can I give a shout out to Stickies. It has been a faithful companion for more than a decade. However I have just noticed that it doesn’t sync via iCloud, so each computer has its separate stickies.

Surely this would be a fairly trivial fix ?

3 Likes

Stickies has probably kept me on track after a big lunch more than any other app.

I don’t honestly know if I’d want it to sync! I think that’s what Notes are for. For me, stickies, digital or physical, are relevant only to the physical screen I’ve left them on. But I can see the benefit to others.

Especially now that Quick Notes are available right down there :arrow_lower_right:

2 Likes

It may be for the best that no one at Apple touches it, haha

9 Likes

Do you know if there’s a way to make Tot’s window sticky i.e., remain on top always?

Window > Display as Floating Window

2 Likes

You can just drag it from the menubar to create a floating window.

When I did that it disappeared when I clicked on an overlapping window. The Display as Floating Window option on the Window menu has to be selected for it to stay visible.

That’s interesting. I clicked on several other apps before I posted my original comment and I just clicked on about 10 apps now. In every case, the Tot window stayed on top. On the other hand, I can’t find a setting to “Display as Floating Window”. I wonder if we have different versions.

I have v1.5.1.(107). I could easily be behind the times. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: Also I am still on macOS Monterey.

I have the same version. I’m on Ventura so maybe that’s the difference.

Something’s wrong. Today I can’t bring up the Tot menu! I’ll reboot my my M1 MBA but can’t until the backup I’m currently running finishes.

Use a floating window / Tot / Knowledge Base - The Iconfactory Support

If you want Tot’s window to float above other windows on the Mac desktop, use the “Display as Floating Window” item in the Window menu.

Note that the Window menu is only visible when you’re using Tot with a Dock icon. You’ll need to turn off the menu bar icon temporarily to change it.

Weird, huh? :upside_down_face:

And it gets even weirder. I hauled out my 2018 MBP, which I rarely use and which also has Ventura, and the Tot behavior on that computer is what you’re seeing - Tot doesn’t stay on top.

And when I switch Tot from the menu bar icon to the Dock icon on the iMac or on the MBP, I still cannot see any Window menu. At this point, I’m just happy that it’s working the way I want it to on the iMac and I’m going to stop trying to figure it out! I use it almost daily to jot quick notes - it’s a great little app.

I think I quit Tot after switching to the Dock icon. Or else I rebooted. Getting confused at this point. :slightly_smiling_face:

My use-case/requirement is to add links to webpages that I frequently visit in a sidebar that’s always visible to a side of my screen.

Stickies, Tot and SideNotes are all good options.