My WFH setup after 1 year of pandemics

As a psychoanalyst, I’ve been seeing my patients exclusively online for more than a year now. I really had to upgrade my home setup. Formerly, it was just… well, just my laptop sitting anywhere I was in the apartment. Since I have a bad upper back, I had to buy a monitor, keyboard, a nice chair… all that stuff.

I’m pretty happy with what I came up, but I’d really like some suggestions.

I’m currently using:

• A 2018 MacBook Air (gonna upgrade soon, probably)

• Webcam Full HD Logitech C922 Pro Stream

• Dell U2419H w/ a Dell soundbar

• Keychron K2 (version 2)

• MX Anywhere 2S mouse

• Dazz Gamer Elite chair (not a gamer, but really needed a conforatble chair)

• As a bonus, I’m a pen lover, so I’m rocking a 2019 Montblanc Starwalker (Rollerball, black ink)

• For calendar, I use a daily Moleskine

I worked about 8-10h hours a day in this setup.

Any suggestions?

12 Likes

Nice setup!

1 Like

Do you have enough screen real estate?

For work I run a 24” monitor (both at home and in the office) and a Dell laptop (we’re Windows only unfortunately) and both at home and at work I have the laptop set on a stand (at a decent height) so that I have a second screen without taking too much desk space.

2 Likes

Oh, I got really lucky. Even though I live in a really crowded neighborhood of my city (Porto Alegre, south of Brazil), my apartment face toward another building’s backyard. It’s really nice to have this view.

2 Likes

Well, since I always used my notebook, a 24" monitor is a huge upgrade in screen real state. I don’t need much screen space, actually, since I only keep Safari, Mail and Zoom open all the time.

2 Likes

Looks good, that view looks very calming :slight_smile:
A cable tray or something to get those cables out of sight and out from under your feet might be a nice simple enhancement.

1 Like

Also, nice pen!
How about a fountain pen? It looks like you’re left handed, but that’s usually not an issue.

https://www.nibs.com/content/left-handed-writers

Yes! I was thinking about it. Gonna check the recent topic about cable management.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the link.

As a left-handed, it’s really a pain to find a good pen for me.

Never had a fountain pen… maybe it’s time. =)

1 Like

I do have to ask: in the image, your pen looks like a ballpoint, not a rollerball. As a fellow pen aficionado, I’m required to ask about it.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re absolutely right. I’m sorry, English is not my first language!

1 Like

@Luciano_Mattuella Oh, no reason to be sorry at all! As a fellow pen addict, I could not help but make sure that I knew what I was looking at! It’s an addiction, I know …

2 Likes

Yup. Pens and watches, here.

Soon, mechanical keyboards…

We’ve been expecting you :smiling_imp:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechanicalheadpens/

1 Like

Oh, no. That’s so specific and so amusing.

What. have you done, my friend? =)

1 Like

@Luciano_Mattuella Obviously it’s time for you to start accumulating bags as well. No good Mac Power User would be without a variety of bags for carrying around all that gear!

3 Likes

Nice setup, I wish my desk looked that clean! I have similar, but I’m shopping for a standing desk. I have one at the office and would like to have one here also. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Well, since I live in Brazil, I guess the bags would only serve to move the gear from one room to another in the apartment… There’s a long way until COVID is over, here…

Thank you. Have in mind that this is my “Sunday desk”. During the week it is really messier!

I could never adapt to standing desk, unfortunately, but I guess some other user from the forum can help with that!

I have the IKEA Bekant and am very happy with it. So happy I moved it across Europe!

2 Likes