Need an app to look back at historical WX and water conditions

Hi All,

I’m looking for an app or website that would allow me to see a historical view of the weather and water conditions-tides, surf, swell, wind.

I spearfish, mainly in Santa Monica Bay. To decide if we should swim off the shore or take my buddy’s boat, we watch the weather like hawks. There are several apps that we depend on for that. Foremost would be Magic Seaweed. That’s the same app the surfers use to find calm conditions.

But having a historical view of the weather would let us see what conditions were like when there was a 3’ swell at 15 seconds with a ten mph wind.

We could look at that day’s forecast. But, even in sunny Southern California, the weather and water condition reports don’t quite match up to what happened that day.

Any help would be appreciated.

The “time machine” feature of Dark Sky gives historical weather.

Maybe NOAA / NWS?

Sadly Dark Sky will be gone before you know it. And there is still no native weather app for the iPad. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Update: Support for the Dark Sky API service for existing customers will continue until the end of 2022. The iOS app and Dark Sky website will also be available until the end of 2022.

Thank you. I’ll see if that works!