New iPhone 12 mini will not wireless charge

Is anyone else having problems with wireless charging on the iPhone 12 mini? I just bought my wife a new iPhone and it is refusing to work with our wireless charger.

Her old iPhone 8 and my iPhone 12 Pro works fine with the Belkin charger but the new 12 Mini is refusing to. I can’t tell if this is due to a hardware issue or software.

We have done the usual things such as a hard re-boot etc but still no joy. Any advice appreciated!

I checked with my 12 mini on a Belkin adapter my wife uses and it does work fine.

1 Like

If its an upright charger the coil may not be in the right spot for a smaller phone. I found that when I want to use this charger: PowerWave Stand - Anker I have to put a ~½” thick eraser underneath my phone to get it lined up enough to charge.

2 Likes

I think that it’s this too. I’ve had this with my Wife’s iPhone 11 where the charger has a movable coil which she sometimes accidentally moved.

1 Like

I’ve found a couple of things on my 12 ProMax: the case (if you have one), matters (some too thick); vertical chargers (where the phone stands up) don’t work for me- either not at all, or they start flashing indicating a malfunction, but frustratingly, not all of them. Flat chargers (where the phone lies flat) work; sometimes (depending on the charger) , I can place the phone horizontally (lengthwise instead of upright) and it may charge.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions all. I will check some of these things out.

You might try a MagSafe Charger.

1 Like

I’ve had some issues where my 12 Mini stops charging wirelessly. If I turn it off and then back on, it starts charging again. Maybe 14.5 will fix it?

Yay! Have sorted the problem. Many thanks to @LoganG and @geoffaire for pointing me in the right direction. It was the coil not lining up and needed a small rise in height to make it work.

I have stuck a small semi-circle of padding onto the Belkin charger and all seems to be fine now - see photo below. Many thanks all.

2 Likes