New MacBook - I'm gonna go for it

So I just ordered a new MacBook Air for myself with 8GB Ram and 256 GB.

I haven’t had a Mac since January 2019, as I’ve been using an iPad Pro since then.

But I believe have a Time Machine backup of my old MacBook Air from that time which I sold.

Is it a good idea to use that backup for my new MacBook Air?

I would personally not use the backup, and start clean, especially as this is a new architecture. Many people have reported issues with migrations.

6 Likes

Nooooow he tells me! :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Thanks @memex, so far so good, except for the back up restore thing @Rob_Polding just mentioned! :wink:

I will add the emoji key (fn/globe) is genius! :grinning:

I can only explain in lay terms… I have a new MacBookAir w 495 GB however with 8 GB RAM. Half of the hard disk space is full. No regrets there. I do wish I had bought the 16 GB though as I get notifications from Clean My Mac that I’m running low on memory. That only happens 2 or 3 x per week and I just need to close out Apple Music or something; just to be more cognizant on the number of open programs. I’ve yet to get a more serious notification. It has never crashed.

Other than that it is superbly fast! Absolutely amazingly rapid downloads eg. Nothing drags!

I haven’t had a Mac in a decade so I cannot truly evaluate it. But it certainly seems awe-inspiringly splendid.

1 Like

What is BG3?

20 characters

I’m gonna say Baldur’s Gate? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

yes sorry, it’s Baldur’s Gate 3 :smiley:

1 Like