New: Mailbrew app

Superlinear, maker of the nice Mac Gmail app Boxy, just announced an app/service that allows you to create personalized email digests from various sources, including RSS, Twitter and YouTube. They offer free and paid tiers.

Funny. I want to go in the opposite direction—email newsletters into RSS. Kill the Newsletter’s fine but I suspect it can be improved upon as a paid product.

3 Likes

I use RSS and I use email. But I’ve found that newsgroups work better for me via email digest. And Superlinear apparently dogfooded this product since last year with an earlier email digest product called Unreadit (also free/Pro), based on subReddit topics, and it’s great.

Here’s part of a recent Unreadit weekly(?) email I got from the Tech newsletter:

1 Like

I’ve been using Feedbin and my life has never been better. I’m eating healthier, lifting more than ever, and I’ve 10x’d my portfolio.

But man is it nice to easily see the emails that I need to deal without having to sort through a collection of newsletters that are making me feel bad.

3 Likes

Inoreader and NewsBlur will both allow you to send newsletters to feeds. Probably other feed readers will do the same.

Yes, it’s quite common. NewsBlur does it too. This service lets you follow Twitter feeds, Twitter lists, send Twitter search results and other feeds - different use case.

1 Like

Newsblur lets you follow twitter feeds, but not lists. Inoreader lets you follow lists – or it did. At one point recently I checked and had difficulty signing up.

I understand these are different kinds of services. I’m just offering alternatives.

You specifically referred to email newsletters - NewsBlur has offered it for years, and that’s the post I replied to.

1 Like

Absolutely not, never, nope, nope nope nope. Like others in this thread, I want to streamline my email and throw as much as possible into RSS for read later purposes (using Inoreader for this). Email is not made for read-later material. It could have been a great idea but in my opinion it’s 5 years too late – views on email have dramatically changed.

1 Like

Then anything email-related isn’t for you. (shrug) But for a lot of people it is.

For me, anything email has to be either genuinely personal or directly related to business. The rest goes somewhere else (it’s the reasoning behind SaneBox to some extent). But obviously this would depend on your relationship with email, if you like being there, or would like to process it as fast as possible in order to be elsewhere.

1 Like