New member - My Desk setup 2021

Hi All,

I have been a Mac Power Users fan since the very first episode but had never joined the forum until now. So, I thought it appropriate to share my current desk setup as a start

I’m using a late 2015 iMac (4 Ghz i7) with a 27" LG 4K monitor as a second display. I’m desperately awaiting the next gen iMac’s.

Other things of note are:

1. Scansnap ix1500
  2. KEF LS50 speakers (connected to a Arcam A32 amp)
  3. Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 audio interface
  4. Cambridge Audio DacMagic100 DAC
  5. Heil PR40 Microphone
  6. Cannon PRO-1 printer (under Desk)
  7. Logitec C922 Webcam
  8. Logitec MX Keys for Mac
  9. Logitec MX Master 3 for Mac
  10. Lego :blush:

I am predominantly an iMac / MacOS user. I do have some iPads and a MacBook Pro but rarely use them as I’m always at my desk and haven’t found a way to get them into my workflow.

23 Likes

If you’ve got a good workflow, there’s no need messing around with it.

I keep trying to find uses for my iPad but it keeps getting relegated to other things. The only use I have for it now is as a second monitor when I’m teaching from home, for marking homework, and for creating videos for lessons.

Otherwise, a nice, focused setup is really pleasant to use.

2 Likes

Welcome!

Nice setup!
Is audio your profession, or recreation?

2 Likes

LS50 as near fields …interesting.

I’m likely going to go for the eventual Meta version of the LSX but those may not be coming for a while …I’ve got time.

Nice Mic …are you podcasting or a singer?

How do you like your DacMagic? I saw Cambridge just announced their big brother DacMagic 200M and I’m eager to see how well it performs against other Balanced DAC with MQA support.

1 Like

Those legos caught my eyes more than anything else :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Exactly! - I’m almost always at my desk so iPad (even if I went PRO) seems pointless. I am dabbling with using my iPad as a monitor/remote for recording videos using my iPhone though.

This. The Lego bricks. Definitely the Lego bricks.

1 Like

Yes, the Lego main street – really nice touch.

(Nice office too, of course :+1::+1:)

1 Like

That’s Lego, not Legos :wink:

3 Likes

Nice setup! What are the dimensions of the desk? Looks like you have a lot of space

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome John.

Audio is just recreational. I’ve always been a music fan and last time I looked for a nice set of speakers I came across the KEF’s. They weren’t necessarily meant for my desk at the time (back then I used one of the Bose companion setups), but made their way to the desk when we downscaled the “hi-fi” presence in our living space.

My current profession is somewhat stranger than audio I think - I sell lego :innocent:

1 Like

The LS50 weren’t originally bought for my desk setup but am glad they made their way here.

I consume almost all my music from desk computer these days (or the car). Though my separates are right next to the desk. I like the DacMagic but don’t have any great point of comparison. I don’t typcially follow audio hardware. I tend to just research when I need something - Otherwise I’d want to continually upgrade.

The Mic is a result of contemplating podcasting but never really took off in that context. But it has been used to record some video for my YouTube channel.

1 Like

Its about 2.5M x 0.6M which is just over 8’ x 2’ - Its really a kitchen counter top sat on a couple of Alex drawer units from IKEA.

I’d ideally like a little more depth.

Welcome, @Keith.

Nice clean looking setup. Thanks for sharing with us!

1 Like

On a scale of small arms to Lego, I’d go as far toward Lego as I could :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is such an intriguing little village!!! I bet that was a lot of fun!

1 Like

Nice printer! Does not deserve to be hidden!

1 Like

True, but it’s a huge beast of t a thing that needs a lot of desktop space.

Those LS50s! :drooling_face:

We’ve got our surround sound system for the TV built entirely with KEF’s Q series and I could not be more impressed by our audio. KEF makes absolutely incredible stuff, and those LS50 speakers are legendary. Super impressed.

Cool Lego, too.

1 Like

Nice setup. The dual 27” displays are nice. I have a HDMI switch if I am using my work computer at home I use the second display with that laptop. Push a button and I can switch it back to my iMac.

I like clean minimal setups that offer plenty of functionality.

1 Like