New Stream Deck Plugin for Calendars (and Stream Deck 5.0!)

If you looked at my instructions for putting meeting info on your Stream Deck and thought “That’s way too complicated” then I have good news for you.

There is a new (at least to me) plugin for Stream Deck called “iCal” which you can find by going to “Plugins” and searching for “iCal”

There’s also a GitHub repo which has some more information too.

This appears to be vastly easier to set up as it should work with any calendar URL.

(Unfortunately, I can’t get it to work for me, but I’m assuming that’s an unusual case. I’ve reached out to the developer for help.)

Stream Deck version 5.0

Very nice update to the Stream Deck software. No, it’s not more Mac-like, but still an improvement.

Details here:

https://edge.elgato.com/egc/sd_content/releasenotes/5.0_1.html

(You can check for updates within the app itself.)

6 Likes

That means you have to share that calendar so as to have a feed, right?

Yup. That’s a potential downside, but those URLs are so randomized that it seems unlikely anyone will find it, but that would be “security through obscurity”.

1 Like

It’s not so much the fact that they are discoverable that bugs me but the fact that I would have sharing icons everywhere in my calendar apps. :sweat_smile: I’m very OCD that way :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I will throw no stones.

While that particular issue does not bother me, I have enough personal pet peeves that I could open an entire zoo to display them all.

1 Like