Node wants to use the "Local Items" Keychain

Hi guys!

Runing macos Mojave now, and am allowing apps to access all kinds of resources that was available to them earlier without my explicit consent. However - I do get one pop-up telling me the following:

“node wants to use the “Local Items” Keychain, please enter the password”

I can’t figure out which app is asking. If it’s “node.js” it could be any app or service using that framework, right? This far I have opted to not grant permissions, but I do feel this is not the most illuminating dialog box.

Any guesses what this might be?

1 Like

Usually it’s sharingitems, which negotiates AirDrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot, Shared Computers, and Remote Disc. Or it could be the Login keychain - you might find the link below to be useful:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5473260

Try following those instructions and restarting.

2 Likes

I got this too, and I ran “ps aux | grep node” from the terminal and I’ve seen a couple of programs show up. One was Videostream. Another is Adobe Creative Cloud:

kenlu 693 0.0 0.2 5996836 27612 ?? S 11Dec18 23:09.26 /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience/CCXProcess/CCXProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/…/libs/node /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience/CCXProcess/CCXProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/…/js/main.js

So it looks like this is just part of Adobe Creative Cloud, which is probably fine.

Edit: Added Adobe Creative Cloud as a possible cause.

1 Like

As far as I know, Videostream is not installed, but of course I should have looked at the process status list. Thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

I got this again, and this time it appears to be Adobe Creative Cloud. See edited comment above.

So if you have Adobe Creative Cloud installed, it’s likely due to that.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct. Thanks! I found it yesterday too, should have updated here…

I just started seeing this password request about a week ago. I have Adobe Creative Cloud installed so it’s likely that, but it’s happening every day. Every day I enter my password and the next day it asks again… Any way to fix this?

So yes it is caused by Adobe Creative Cloud. HOW DO WE STOP IT? It pops up many times a day

I’ve been fighting this same problem for a while, but now it’s just become unbearable.

What fixed it for me was…
1.) Go to Finder
2.) Select the “Go” panel
3.) Hold down “Option” and Library will popup. (This takes you to your temp files I believe.)
4.) Find Keychain and delete everything in the folder. NOT the Keychain folder itself, but the files in it.

Then restart, of course. Fixed my issue. Haven’t seen one since. PRAISE BABY JEEZBUS

Dear Toasty Ken,

Honestly, I signed-up only to say Thank You for your help.
I tried the command you mentioned using Terminal app, and its useful because I found that the cause is from TUXERA or it might be from Adobe Creative Cloud.

Anyway, now its my turn to try which one is the cause.

Have a nice day,
Best Regards,
ACC Temp