Node wants to use the "Local Items" Keychain

macos
mojave

Hi guys!

Runing macos Mojave now, and am allowing apps to access all kinds of resources that was available to them earlier without my explicit consent. However - I do get one pop-up telling me the following:

“node wants to use the “Local Items” Keychain, please enter the password”

I can’t figure out which app is asking. If it’s “node.js” it could be any app or service using that framework, right? This far I have opted to not grant permissions, but I do feel this is not the most illuminating dialog box.

Any guesses what this might be?

Usually it’s sharingitems, which negotiates AirDrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot, Shared Computers, and Remote Disc. Or it could be the Login keychain - you might find the link below to be useful:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5473260

Try following those instructions and restarting.

I got this too, and I ran “ps aux | grep node” from the terminal and I’ve seen a couple of programs show up. One was Videostream. Another is Adobe Creative Cloud:

kenlu 693 0.0 0.2 5996836 27612 ?? S 11Dec18 23:09.26 /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience/CCXProcess/CCXProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/…/libs/node /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience/CCXProcess/CCXProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/…/js/main.js

So it looks like this is just part of Adobe Creative Cloud, which is probably fine.

Edit: Added Adobe Creative Cloud as a possible cause.

As far as I know, Videostream is not installed, but of course I should have looked at the process status list. Thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

I got this again, and this time it appears to be Adobe Creative Cloud. See edited comment above.

So if you have Adobe Creative Cloud installed, it’s likely due to that.

Yes, you are correct. Thanks! I found it yesterday too, should have updated here…

I just started seeing this password request about a week ago. I have Adobe Creative Cloud installed so it’s likely that, but it’s happening every day. Every day I enter my password and the next day it asks again… Any way to fix this?