Notebooks updates include significant enhancements to linking

The new release of Alfons Schmidt’s Notebooks, Notebooks 12 for iOS and Notebooks for Mac 3, include significant enhancements to linking. It’s a great app, well worth considering for PARA, LYT, PKM, Zettelkasten, personal wiki, note-taking, and the like.

5 Likes

FYI, the upgrade is free if you already purchased the most recent iOS and macOS versions.

Although Obsidian is my primary notes repository and DTP is my document hub, I use Notebooks all the time as a workspace for smaller, short term projects. For example, just started a photography course and I’m using a separate Notebooks notebook as the place where I store and review course materials, take and store class notes, do course-related writing, etc.

Since my Notebooks documents are all stored in Dropbox in their native formats, I can index them in DTP or access them from other apps as need be.

Also, Notebooks is lovely on iOS in ways that Obsidian and DTP to Go just aren’t.

4 Likes

thanks for introducing this nice app , I have now bought the Mac and iPadOS / iOS versions and started using it for daily basis. I posted on another thread.

I still have a lot to learn on this app, also found the automatic linking does not work too well, may be I am storing too many files on the iCloud container that it takes long time to search. However, generally the app works well and fits into my workflow