Notes always comes up in wrong space

I use multiple spaces and multiple screens on my Big Sur laptop.

For annoying reasons, I have to end up shutting down and restarting my laptop almost every day. (I have to use VPNs, and then a VMware Horizon Client as well, and if I don’t reboot, the lag inside my Horizon Client desktops makes it unusable.)

But whenever I restart Notes, it doesn’t come up in the screen where it was when I shutdown. In fact, if I start Notes, move it into the space where I want, quit it, and then restart, it will move right back to the other space.

Anything I can do to fix this?

AFAIK it’s not something that you can do in “vanilla” Big Sur.

People often use some outside tool to achieve the desired behaviour.

In this topic you can find some useful informations:

@pholbrook, as @memex suggested you can find information at the link he supplied. Here’s a direct link to the most current information: Desktop Spaces • Macros for Navigation and Window Management - Macro Library - Keyboard Maestro Discourse.

Even if you don’t have/use Keyboard Maestro, there’s some information in that post regarding Desktop Spaces that you might find helpful. Also, you might know this already: you can assign applications to specific Desktop Spaces. I myself don’t assign applications to specific desktops, but I do assign the application Tot to All Desktops.

If you have any follow-up questions, I’ll do my best help.