Notes app - fonts for links and email addresses

In Apple Notes the yellow font color for hyperlinks and email addresses is driving me crazy. See example below.

Is there any way to change the yellow font color to another color? Preferably another more clearly visible font could be set by default - is there such a setting?

Also, it would be helpful to “expand” the abbreviated hyperlinks to show the actual URL, not just the abbreviation for the actual link. Is there a way to do this?

Example (from a recent Google email regarding inactive accounts). It is difficult to read the yellow font color of the URL links and email addresses:

Change your accent color in System Settings>Appearance. Do not use “Multicolor.”

3 Likes

That worked! Thank you.

(edited - see below)

Well, it worked in macOS … but not in IOS. URLs and email addresses in iPhone and iPad Notes still appear with the hard-to-read yellow font.

Is there any way to change that font color?

1 Like

I don’t think you can change the color on iOS, but you could try the accessibility option to increase contrast to make it easier to read. That’s just a guess though.

This has bothered me too; I’m glad to know I can change it! Too bad it can’t be changed in iOS. @RunningBoris thanks for the solution!

@Denny You are an iPad guru, do you know of any solution on iOS?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I do not!

1 Like

I can confirm that an app-specific accessibility feature can be enabled for the IOS and iPadOS Notes app to increase contrast. URL links and email addresses are easier to read, but the miserable yellow font color remains (slightly changed).

It makes one wonder who chose a yellow font on a white background? This is an unfortunate error by Apple, whose accessibility features are usually good.

I agree! Why didn’t they stick with the traditional blue for links? :person_shrugging:

2 Likes