Notion is just too slow to use

Im not sure whats happened recently but notion is now so slow that its annoying, templates can take 5 -10 second to load on a new document, changes pages takes longer than it should.

its a shame as notion is a great app :frowning: if only they made a local storage version as a native app.

3 Likes

If it’s frustrating you, perhaps it’s time to try something new.

Whenever I find myself getting upset about the speed of something, I remind myself of the days when it took 5 minutes to download a photo.

1 Like

lol, loading a photo line by line :smiley:

Im trying Craft instead

1 Like

I had never run into this problem until recently. That and the couple of recent outages caused me to rearrange some things. Most of the items I used to keep in and/or update in Notion are now back out in plain-text form. PKM, zettelkasten, my productivity/interstitial journal, tasks, etc. And that’s where I spend most of my day. All of this is now in VS Code using various extensions. I’m migrating table-based things to Airtable or Numbers. Book tracking is on LibraryThing. Tracking things to read (articles, books, etc.) is done by usually saving a web page/clip to my hard drive via a markdown clipper.

Bottom line - anything I use a lot is now available offline. I don’t want to jot down a quick note only to have to wait for my app to load off of a remote server.

2 Likes

I love Notion, but it really has suffered in recent months. The competition is pulling ahead in features, and as you say, the speed has been a real nuisance.

1 Like

This is exactly why I abandoned it before I even got well versed in it. It looks cool though!

3 Likes