Obsidian goes v1!

Thanks! I almost upgraded this morning but felt like I needed to have more of a confirmation from somewhere. So your word is that :slightly_smiling_face:

I downloaded Obsidian in early 2021, really on a whim to just play around with it, and within a few days it became a major part of my workflow. I use it daily to keep a work journal/ record for my business, along with a ton of notes.

1 Like

For the Mac application - Can I select and delete notes from the search results? I need to delete thousands of notes that I imported from other applications that are duplicates or just not needed, but , as of version 1.0, I had to select and delete each note one at a time. That isnā€™t practical.

For the iOS Application - Is iCloud sync fixed or is there new low cost sync option added? The Obsidian sync price of $10 usd/month is extreme for my use case. $1-$3 would be fine. Ideally, I could stand up my own sync server like I did for Joplin notes, that way my data is always under my control.

Those were my only issues that stopped me from switching to Obsidian. Until those are no longer issues for me, itā€™s relegated to an application that I monitor and play around with on occasion.

It does have some nice features, but I feel that it isnā€™t all the way to where it can become mainstream or a ā€œgo toā€ application. Which is fine, applications are not perfect out of the gate, in fact 5+ years of the development - user feedback loop are generally needed before itā€™s ā€œdoneā€.

Canā€™t you go directly to the folder where your Obsdian vault is stored and use Finder to select and delete stuff en masse?

1 Like

No. I have very specific regular expression criteria I use to select the files. And since they have also attachments, I need the app to delete those as well.

I started writing python scripts and running them to do the work, but that got old fast. The app should be able to do it. I shouldnā€™t have to write my own note management application.

Joplin handles that in the app without issue, so it can be done!

Since you know how to use regular expressions, just go to your vaultā€™s folder in your Macā€™s terminal app and use the command line or even some shell scripting to get rid of the stuff you donā€™t need.

1 Like

Updated everything a few days ago and have been loving the update. Absolutely stunning visually and tabs have made things a lot more smooth. Bravo to the Obsidian team for this one.

2 Likes