Oct 30, 2018 Apple Event Streaming Thread

…Academy of Music… :pensive:

bidding farewell to iTunes??

Like when they booked the Academy of Photography to announce they were stopping sales of Aperture. :smirk:

1 Like

What I’m hoping for in today’s event (and looking to spend on):

1. I’m hoping for a new laptop WITHOUT any sort of butterfly keyboard that can replay my 13’ MacBook Air.

2. New updated AirPods

3. Updated AppleTV

A new Mac Mini would mean I get an to upgrade my work computer from the really slow 2012 Mac Mini. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

My fingers are crossed that we see a new version of the Apple Pencil that provides the ability to quickly switch between modes, like pencil and eraser. I originally thought that this would require a button, but the latest rumors of tap and swipe gestures on the Pencil itself make me hope that Apple figures out a more elegant solution.

-Jeff

I think a new pencil is likely. I also think a new price is likely. I would not be surprised by a USD$169 price tag for a newly revised Apple Pencil.

Do we think iPad Pros will be USB-C?

I just don’t see the upside to changing for Apple.

LOVE all of the apple logo art! So worth it tuning in early.

Only 7 min to go :muscle:

2 Likes

omg same thing here… i was set to go get lunch around 11 'ish so i could be settled at my desk… something said check the MPU forum and confirm the time

guess us east coasters will be hungry lol

I hope Apple tells us the back story on this art during the keynote today, or gives some reporter the story in the near future. I agree, these are amazing.

-Jeff

1 Like

I actually prefer 7am PST for Apple announcements. I never get anything done before them anyway.

4 Likes

I’m guessing some of them (if not all) were designed using Photoshop on the iPad.

2 Likes

That opening animation was great!

1 Like

“Tim Cook comes on stage” Drink

Starting with the Mac! BRB, listing my Mac Mini on eBay :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

“That all starts … with the Mac” :smiley:

4 Likes

Watching from Mexico.

“Customer Sataisfaction” - Drink!

3 Likes

“Chinese Market” Drink