Oct 30, 2018 Apple Event Streaming Thread

Although I’ve placed my bet, I wouldn’t hold it past Tim Cook’s Apple to hang onto the old Adorable at a lower price point in addition to the Air.

1 Like

I really wonder wether they managed to keep that under $1000

And just got a text they want me to come back…:rage:

The case is made from a new form of paper mache which Apple have developed

Wow, that was a very marketing way to say that the previous keyboards were bad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 Thunderbolt 3 ports is actually pretty good… I’ve been kicking around the idea of getting an eGPU to replace my dock in my office for my 15" MBP, sounds like I could also do that with the Air!

2 Likes

Ok, what’s it going to cost? $999 entry price? $1200?

It’s about 0.72lbs heavier than the MacBook Adorable, which doesn’t sound like much but the MacBook is just over 2lbs. Hmmm, food for thought! (Though my work device isn’t due for replacement for some time.)

Apple has a metallurgy team?!?

2 Likes

It’s made of old beer cans!

Take one of those people and put them on watch faces!

1 Like

Alchemy – making gold from aluminum :smile:

4 Likes

I think the base model will be $1200, but they’ll keep the Adorable around at a cheaper price point

Wow amazing…This Bud for you…I mean your Mac

It will be a lot easier to recommend a laptop now:

Default Recomendation = MacBook Air

9 Likes

The good news is I can see corporations offering this to their staff over the Adorable or the 13" Escape - we’re offering the latter right now because the team were concerned about the accessibility of the Touch Bar and people assume the Adorable is a pansy (it’s not!).

$1200 for 128GB of storage? Hmm

Given the original demo of the MacBook Pro (Adobe, DJ, etc.) interesting that at this “creative” event they’ve ditched the TouchBar on the MacBook Air…

1 Like

Here’s the new Mac Mini!

Apple is launching a Mac spaceship!

3 Likes