Of all the songs for Siri to randomly play in the middle of the night

To be fair, I never asked the Homepod to play anything…

1 Like

Maybe it’s picking up on your latent Christian metalcore yearnings? :rofl:

1 Like

This is how you enable/disable the Autoplay setting. Click the list button, and tap to disable the Autoplay (infinite icon).

I attached the Mac OS and iOS interface for a better guide.

I love this feature. I first encountered Autoplay Similar on my defunct fave music streaming app, Rdio. But I get if you’re not a fan of Autoplay as it can disrupt your listening session.

On Homepod, I have no idea as its not available to purchase in my country.

You can also edit the adjusted Autoplay Similar playlist. I am about to remove Khalid from the list since it’s not my kind of music.

4 Likes

Found it! Thank you ever so much!

Update → my wife said she’d asked Siri something earlier and Siri misheard and played that song, so I’m guessing Siri had that song paused and whatever happened in the middle of the night instructed her to resume playing it.

1 Like

Your absolute BEST music is whatever was popular when you were in high school. This rule (?) applies to everyone, no matter what their age.

1 Like

You are SO right. 1971 was the greatest year for music. No doubt about it although I wasn’t even born yet! :wink:

I have little tolerance for music I dislike, like rap. OMG. Instaneous migraine. But I have always been like that.

Now that you mention it ‘71 was a great year for music. Or was that “Just My Imagination” ?

Awesome group and awesome song! :heart:
But maybe less so when it’s unexpected :stuck_out_tongue:

And maybe mathcore isn’t for everyone :smiley:

1 Like

Do you have a cat? One of my cats once managed to un-pause (or un-paws?) my office HomePod mini while I was on a video call.

1 Like

No cat, but this monster could’ve pulled it off.

1 Like

"Running away with me…”

I love :heart: the Temptations. I worked about 5 of their concerts in Chicago as an usherette. The entire place was rocking. No one could stop dancing– the audience, the ushers, their bosses, the cops. I have never seen anything like that before or since! Thanks for the memories!

3 Likes

haha. Gorgeous :smiley:

I think you’re right, those eyes have a mischievous twinkle in them. hehe :wink:

I thought you might get the reference. They played my university one homecoming weekend. I remember the great music, and my date :grinning:, just not the year. It was '72 or earlier.

1 Like

I have seen hundreds of concerts. Many of them excellent most often because they were usually entertainers I loved but the Temptations are way up near the top and I got paid (a measly sum though).
Terrific group to book for a Homecoming weekend!
I must have seen them in '69 or '70.

1 Like

“Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It’s a scientific fact.” —Homer Simpson

2 Likes

My cat unpaused the kitchen HomePod two nights in a row. I remember the first night it was one of the heavier Disturbed songs so I know how jolting this was! lol. My solution: automations to turn the volume down before bed, then restore the volume when I normally wake up.

4 Likes

This is the kind of music I run to, and the sort of thing I listened to in high school, but I would never, ever, ever, listen to it under any other circumstances, especially waking up.

2 Likes

At least it was not “Songs of Innocence” by U2.

4 Likes