Office Chair Recommendation Needed

This is the chair I’m considering right now too, so I’d love any comments from anyone else who has one.

Right now I have an ancient second hand office chair I got free from NextDoor last year. The fabric is so itchy I have both parts covered with those flat pile quick dry microfibre towels, and the upholstery on the arms is so worn you can feel the screw heads with your elbows, and bits of foam are falling out unless I keep both arms covered with pairs of old slipper socks (I’ve tried to remove them altogether because they also don’t go down enough for me to be properly comfortable, but having been attached for 20 years, one of them is not budging!)

If that wasn’t bad enough, I can’t adjust it to be comfortable for my back - the seat tilt is connected to the back tilt rather than being independent, which just doesn’t seem to work for my body. In order to get the seat tilt right, the back ends up somewhat tilted back, so in return I end up leaning forward and hunching my shoulders (the stupid arms being too high up are a part of that too).

In my office (where I haven’t been for 5 months now!) I have the ugly & expensive but very comfortable and adjustable high back Positiv Plus from Posturite (no head rest). Things I love: the lumbar pump (helps reduce aches in my lower back SO much), the way you can adjust the seat depth and tilt which means I can get it perfectly right, the properly height/tilt adjustable back and that it actually supports my back, the fact the arms are fully adjustable and can be lowered enough to be useful. But it’s a huge lump of black plastic that would completely dominate the desk area in my flat, which is in my living room, itself open plan with my kitchen/dining area.

I’ve previously tried the Humanscale Freedom, and it wasn’t for me… I’ve had my eye on the Steelcase Leap V2 and Gesture (as well as the Please V2, which isn’t sold in the US for some reason so it’s harder to find good reviews), as well as this ErgoChair 2… and the HM Embody is interesting as well. I can’t try any of them out right now, but my current chair is making me crazy, so I feel like I’m going to have to pick one and order online (either the Ergo or a second hand Steelcase). Indecision!

Sorry for such a rant… it’s on my mind a lot at the moment and I don’t know what to do about it!

If you spend an extended period sitting I strongly recommend a chair with a headrest. This made one of the biggest differences to me when sitting at a desk - it’s a big relief to periodically be able to lean back and rest my head.