On Auto startup time delay to enter credentials

This has been linked before but I don’t see any mention by you. They offer a “FREE 14-Day no-obligation Trial.” :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for that link. That app never noticed by me. I installed and used last evening. It reports that the machine stayed in sleep from when I put it to sleep ~6pm and woke it today at ~6am. Interestingly, looking at the ‘pmset’ log for “Sleep” and “Wake” times, it indicates sleeping the entire night. Never saw that before! Only change was to install that app. Maybe it allowed me to change some setting previously un-noticed by me. So, unless the logs info and this app’s reporting is erroneous (and I have no evidence to support that hypothesis), I’m on my way to saving a bit of cash and ready for the electricity price explosion! Perhaps no need to shutdown so often. Thanks also to @Ulli

1 Like

I can confirm the login “period” is short, it’s not a problem unique to you. I often wander past my office and open the login screen (either from powering on or just moving the mouse if it’s asleep) when I’m getting ready in the morning, and if I take too long making a cup of tea by the time I get back to my desk again it’s gone.

I have no solution to that, but skipping to your issue with the Mac not sleeping properly, I’ve also had this problem and apparently it’s often caused by peripherals. Eg if you have a wireless mouse that might be speaking to the Mac, or an external hard-drive might be checking in.

My solution to this is that all my peripherals are plugged in via a powered USB hub, and I unplug this if I put the device to sleep. I have a USB hub where each slot has its own power switch (it really frustrates me that most don’t come with this) and I turn them off individually as well.

2 Likes