OT: Flexispot standing desk frame

I am in the process of rebuilding my home office, which involves building new desks.

My setup is two butcher block desktops (I previously posted about materials for desktop and got some good advice here). It will be an “L” shape with the main part (where my Mac Studio and displays will live) being 72” x 30” and the side surface 72” x 25”. The butcher block is cut to size and I am about to seal with with polyurethane, so it’s time to get the support part handled.

The side surface will be supported with a frame built from 3/4” metal pipe, with my next tasks ring to cut the pipe and assemble the frame.

I was planning the same for the main work surface, but somehome in web surfing came to the Flexispot website to find that their frames are on sale. I was looking at the E7 Pro, and thinking that a sit-stand desk really would be a good idea.

It comes as no surprise that their website provides plenty of info-advertisement as to how and why their frames are better than the competitors, and specifically Uplift. Perhaps most compelling to me is that Flexispot sells the frames without included desktops, which does not seem to be the case for many other popular brands such as Uplift, Ergonofis, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Flexispot frames and had advice / comments to offer.

The cost is such that if I were dissatisfied with the frame in a few years it would not be the worst thing to just remove it and get a new frame, but obviously I don’t want to waste money if this is not a product likely to make me happy and stay in use long term.

Thanks!

I bought my frame and top from flexispot last year and I’ve been very happy with it. It has been incredibly stable, though my comparison was coming from an ikea sit/stand.

With my old setup, everything was wobbling at the slightest breath. Now, quite solid even with decently heavy typing.

My only regret was that I didn’t buy the top at the same time as the legs. Because I wanted to look elsewhere, I didn’t end up finding anything great at the right price so I went back to Flexispot. Their options for tops alone is much more limited. Not as relevant for you but thought I’d mention it as part of my experience.

Thank you. That’s very helpful!

Yes, I already have the top I want so I will order just the frame.